After you’ve been injured in an accident, your first move should always be to consult with a personal injury lawyer.
Many people think to file an insurance claim first, but the reality is, even the most dependable insurance companies won’t pay out enough to cover your medical expenses. A personal injury lawyer can fight by your side and ensure that your family receives just compensation from both yours and opposing insurance companies.
Before your first meeting with your lawyer, you’ll want to be prepared for the process ahead. Here are the best ways to make your first appointment a successful one.
Come Ready with Questions
You want to know that your legal representation has the experience and plan some questions to ask that will put your mind at ease. Some of the most important questions to ask your personal injury lawyer include the following:
- What types of cases do you work with on a daily basis?
- Do your lawsuits usually get settled before going to court?
- What is your fee structure?
- On the surface, what do you think the outcome of my case could be?
Be Prepared to Answer Questions
Once you’ve signed a representation agreement with your personal injury lawyer, it’s time to start answering questions. Keep in mind that a lot of the questions asked will be deep and case sensitive.
Be prepared to answer questions like:
- What are your current health conditions and injuries that resulted from your accident?
- Do your injuries impact your daily tasks (i.e. getting dressed, work-related tasks, driving)
- What have your doctors said about the severities of your injuries?
- What is your current healthcare insurance coverage?
- Have you spoken to your insurance company prior to working with us?
Your answers to these questions are critical to how a personal injury lawyer approaches your case. So, enter into them with an open mind and know that the right personal injury attorney will be compassionate about your answers and help use them to guide your case towards a solid defense with fruitful results.
Let Your Documentation Paint Your Story for You
When you meet with your injury attorney for the first time, bring all essential documentation with you to help flesh out and provide proof to your story.
Save your lawyer the time and research and have the following documents at the ready:
- Medical bills that accumulated after the car accident or related personal injury
- Physical health and auto insurance information
- Any documentation you gathered at the scene of your accident. This can include photographs, police reports, and eyewitness testimony.
All of this information will give your lawyer the boost they need to approach your injury case with the detail to get the results that you deserve.
Experience the Law on Your Side with Bober Law Firm
If you have been injured in an accident, you’ll want a lawyer who can fight for you without gimmicks, just results. Bober Law firm believes that following the law with diligence and respect can help your case end in a result that benefits your needs.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a member of our firm.